Lumitex fiberoptic products provide uniform, high intensity backlighting for LCD’s, membrane switches, overlays, and other decorative lighting applications. Lumitex products are heat-free, emit no EMI or RFI, and are custom designed for the specific application. They are also ideal for machine vision, automotive, and other applications where a remote light source is desirable.
Lumitex offers these features and benefits:
- Low power. The typical light source is a single LED operating at 3.3 VDC and 20mA.
- Long life. Normal LED life ranges from 20,000 to 100,000 hours depending on the color chosen and the amperage used.
- Thin profile. A single layer Lumitex panel can be as thin as 0.013″.
- Flexibility. The Lumitex panel can be bent, or flexed easily. In membrane switch applications, the panel when located over tactile domes has been tested to millions of switch applications.
- Inert light surface. The light emitting surface is free of heat, EMI or RFI.
- Design flexibility. The Lumitex panels can be shaped to go around curves, form circles, be cut to accommodate other components, or have multiple sources for multiple colors.
For more information contact RMS by using our contact page, or visit Lumitex at www.Lumitex.com